Real Time Web Analytics


Monday, September 8, 2014

Getting Re-married Later in Life: Some Estate Planning Considerations

I recently wrote an article entitled "Getting Re-married Later in Life: Some Estate Planning Considerations" for the Alberta Retired Teachers Association's magazine. If you'd like to check it out, click here, then scroll down to page 26. You might just find plenty of other articles in the magazine to interest you as well.


  1. My husband sadly is finding himself in this situation right now. He is considering contesting the will, as he has no reason to believe his father would intentionally disinherit his own children for someone who has been in his life for two years. Can you advise if legal advice/action needs to be sought in the province of the deceased/estate, or if we can seek legal advice locally? Thank you.

    1. I'm sorry to hear that your husband is in this situation. If there is going to be a lawsuit, it has to happen where the will was probated, which should be the province in which his father lived. If you do not wish to hire someone there, you can find someone local to you, but know that they will likely have to call on someone in that other province for information, proper forms, and possibly interpretation of local law. It will probably be easier to just go right to someone in that jurisdiction.


    2. Thanks very much for the reply.


You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails