Real Time Web Analytics


Monday, August 23, 2010

Survey finds most fear boomers will cripple health-care system

Have you been concerned about the effect of the aging boomer generation on Canada's health care system? If so, you're not alone. Click here to read this story from the Globe and Mail about concerns that the demographic will cause tax hikes and an inability for seniors to afford care.


  1. Lynne:
    Great website and very informative...however it doesn't appear to cover my situation. My husband and I split about 12 years ago...leaving me to raise 3 kids. He skipped out of Canada and has lived illegally in the US for the past 12 years. I have tracked him and have a judgement against him in Canada. So....he is in a situation where he may inherit a significant sum from his ailing mother in Canada. Will my judgement have a claim against these funds? I'm not sure how he will even collect him since he would have to come to Canada to do the paperwork. #confused Any intel would be appreciated.

    1. I don't agree that he'd have to come to Canada "to do the paperwork". Are you saying he'd have to do the probate? Or to receive funds? Either way, these days being there in person is usually not required.

      If the judgment you refer to is for child support arrears, I suggest that you register with your provincial maintenance enforcement and advise them of the estate (when that time arrives). Give them every detail you can and ask them to see if they can scoop his inheritance. If he is in bankruptcy, advise the bankruptcy trustee of the estate and they will definitely scoop it.

      If his mother passed away and you contacted the executor of the estate, that executor is not required to pay you. The executor has to take care of the debts of the estate, but not those of the beneficiaries.



You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails