Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Friday, December 23, 2016

Access to Justice clinic a success

A few weeks ago I mentioned here in this blog that I had participated in a local Access to Justice clinic that offered free legal advice to the public. Apparently all went really well and the organizers are hoping to offer a similar clinic in other places in the province. I think that part of the appeal of this format for the public is that it's much less intimidating than researching lawyers and then showing up at the lawyer's office.

My personal experience with it was really good; I was consulted by a university student, a senior, and regular working folks. I recommend that other lawyers who are practicing in wills and estates consider volunteering for this project.

Here's a little blurb about it that came out in the last issue of Benchers' Notes:


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails