Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Great response to For My Family, With Love

I'm pleased to report that the initial response to my new workbook entitled For My Family, With Love has been all positive! Thanks to those of you who have checked it out. I'm always open to hearing feedback about your use of this book (or any of my other books), so please feel free to comment here if you wish.

I'm using a copy of the book myself, to leave behind for my own family, so it's a book based on 30 years of experience in the wills industry, as well as on the experience of a mom.

Those of you who haven't checked it out yet, keep reading to find out more, or click here. I'd be pleased to answer any questions you might have about it, either before or after you purchase it.

For My Family, With Love is a workbook I developed based on my experience of what it's like for executors to step in and begin the job of looking after an estate. Those of you who read this blog on a regular basis know that I take a practical, down-to-earth approach to estates, and that I'm in favour of tools and materials that help an executor to get the job done. That's why I developed this book.

Executors have a million details to look after. Wouldn't it be great if all the information about assets, debts, joint property, medical and legal contacts, passwords, loans to family members, spare keys, and all of the rest was to be found in one place? Wouldn't it be marvelous if Mom or Dad wrote down where they keep things, who has a key to the house, who walks the dog for them, where they pick up their mail?

Having all of that information at hand would relieve hours upon hours of searching and asking questions. It would save an executor untold stress and frustration. This 92-page workbook contains space for all of the information a parent, spouse, or grandparent would like to leave for those who will look after the estate. You could use one of these books for yourself, or give one to a parent or relative for them to use. Or, you could get one for a parent and you could fill it in together.

More than that, this book contains places for Mom or Dad to write personal notes that will be read after they have passed away. The notes could be to the kids, or to anyone else who is important. They could be words of love, encouragement, or guidance.

The book is coil-bound to lie flat for easy use. The sections are organized in a logical way and clearly set out so that the book is simple to follow. There is no legal jargon, just suggestions for what your loved ones will need to know after you're gone.

Here are the sections of the book:
Part 1 – My family
Part 2 – Contacts my family might need
Part 3 – Passwords my family might need
Part 4 – My financial assets
Part 5 – My sources of income
Part 6 – My debts and liabilities
Part 7 – My insurance policies
Part 8 – My wishes for funeral, burial, or cremation
Part 9 – Legal documents that I have in place
Part 10 – Special arrangements
Part 11 – Where to find important things

This workbook will accommodate your information, whether your estate is simple, or whether you own a business and rental homes. It will let you describe your family relationships whether they are simple or complex.

As you can see, this book would also be a wonderfully useful tool for someone acting under a Power of Attorney. It would help ensure that nothing is missed.

What a gift this book would be for your kids, grandkids, or executor. Believe me, they'd bless you for the help!

Available in paperback as of August 5, 2014.

2 comments:

  1. how can i contact you from the USA your posted email did not work for me unles i typed something wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email address is estatelawcanada@gmail.com, and yes that works from the USA.

      Lynne

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails