Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Canadian banker leaves $4 mill to small town in England, asks them to plant a million flowers

The National Post has a story about Keith Owen, a Canadian banker who left his entire estate of $4 million to a small town in England. I like this story because it shows how, with a bit of creative thinking, a person can leave a donation that expresses his or her feelings. The town of Sidmouth was important to Mr. Owen, and he showed it through his will. His request was that they plant a million flowers, which they will start doing in October. Click here to read the story.  The attached photo of Sidmouth appeared in the National Post article and is credited to Touriste/Wikipedia.

2 comments:

  1. I¡¯m delighted that I have observed this weblog. Lastly anything not a junk, which we undergo extremely frequently. The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it must be, thanks for sharing this with us.
    Spanish Fork Attorneys
    Provo Injury Lawyers
    Orem Injury Lawyers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally when I get this kind of crappy spam, I just delete it, but I just had to publish this one, due to its comic value. I know my readers will be lining up to contact law firms that cannot string together a coherent sentence, and that spend their time spamming other people's websites.

      Lynne

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails