Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Do you work out of town and are worried about your aging parents?

I've come across a post on www.eldercaring.ca that will cause those of you with aging parents to breathe a sigh of relief. When my parents were ill, my sister left her job and husband behind for months at a time to care for them in another province. My youngest brother left a long-term job with the Vancouver police to move his family to the town where my parents lived so that he could check on them daily. It takes a lot of work, and most of us are happy to do whatever we can, but when you're an only child it must be an incredible worry.

The post I mentioned talks about geriatric care managers. They are there to help the care-giving (or future care-giving) child with resources, contacts, information and practical help. Click here to read the post. It offers a toll-free phone number and links to tons of useful resources including the ECaring Channel.

Isn't it great to know there is someone to help out, especially if you just don't know where to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails