Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Should I deed my home to my kids before I die?

It seems that people ask the same questions of estate-planning lawyers no matter where they live. We all have the same concerns - an efficient transfer to our kids, tax savings, preservation of family harmony, and a minimum of paperwork and delay.

Today I'm sharing with you an article written by Rania Combs, an estate lawyer in Texas. She is answering a question I'm often asked as well, that is, should I give my house to my kids before I pass away? If you're considering doing just that, please take the time to click here and read this post first. It will make you think twice!

(P.S. keep in mind that because Ms. Combs writes in America, she mentions Medicaid, which of course we don't have in Canada).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails