Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

The conversation of a lifetime

This week I had a conversation with a client who wants to leave his estate almost entirely to charities. His estate is in the tens of millions of dollars. The reason I felt so lucky to be talking with him is that he is thinking of doing "something for seniors" and was casting around for ideas. I actually got to give suggestions that I felt would improve the lives of seniors to someone who was openly listening and was prepared and able to take action on those suggestions.

So far he likes the idea of building affordable homes that are purpose-built for those with mobility issues and other physical limitations. He also likes the idea of advancing financial literacy for seniors and supporting programs that provide seniors with practical information and help.

He isn't looking for praise or thanks or recognition. He just realizes that he has a huge opportunity to improve the lives of thousands of people. I regularly speak with wealthy clients who want to give to charities (Canadians are definitely generous givers) but I don't recall any who specifically wanted to benefit seniors.

I'd sure like to have dozens of clients with this area of interest and similar means of support. However, I suspect I'll probably never have another!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails