Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Looking after our seniors

I was just leaving the office today when I received a phone call from a woman I'd never met, but who had attended a seminar I gave last month. She wanted to buy my latest book but had checked the stores within walking distance of her home and hadn't found it. She was 80 years old, lived alone here in Edmonton, and had glaucoma that prevented her from driving. She said if I'd tell her which store had it, she'd have a taxi driver bring it to her from the store. She wanted it for a meeting she is having tomorrow. I don't really like the idea of seniors having to pay strangers to come to their homes when a simple neighbourly gesture would do, so I decided to bring her a copy myself. I drove it to her house and gave it to her. She was astonished and almost overwhelmed that someone would do something kind for her. Isn't looking after seniors something we should all do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails