Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beginning the most difficult conversation of all

I'm an advocate for families discussing the tough issues when they arise, but this article is about conversations that even I would find distressing and difficult. I'm referring to a conversation begun by a sick, elderly parent who says that he or she wants to die. I'm including it here in my blog though because it's important for all of us to know that hearing this from a relative is possible when they are suffering, and it's even more important to be prepared to handle it properly. I found this article from the New York Times had solid, practical advice on what we can do for loved ones in this situation. Click here to read the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails