Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Answering your question - adult guardianship forms


I've been asked a couple of times now where people can find the forms they need to apply for guardianship or trusteeship of their aging parents. This is the subject of my book, Protect Your Elderly Parents, which contains a CD with all of the forms needed for every province and territory in Canada. It also includes sample forms for record-keeping and passing of trustee's accounts, as well as chapters on guardian's duties, trustee's duties, limitations on those roles, and how those legal appointments come to an end. Updates for Alberta are underway and will be available to those who buy the book at no extra charge. Click here to see more about the book. The feedback I've received is that it's very easy to use.


Another source you can look at is the webpage for the Office of the Public Trustee and/or Public Guardian for your province or territory.

4 comments:

  1. How to order it. Can we order it online..Sample forms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can order it online by clicking on the picture of it on my blog. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want full details of your book called "Protect your Elderly Parents", i mean i just want to know what are the things which you have mentioned in it and what are the responses you got from the people who had gone trough your book ! I totally love this kind of books where they mention the importance of Elderly people or stuff related to that !

    Hope to see a feedback from you on this comment !

    Forms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crank,
      The book is about how to get appointed by the courts as a guardian or trustee, or both, for parents who have lost decision-making ability. I wrote it because nobody ever talks about what has to happen if someone fails to prepare power of attorney and health care directives. And the legal process can be a mystery to many.

      In the book I talk about what to do and what not to do when you are appointed. I talk about record-keeping, legalities, communication with others. I give guidelines for how to be a good representative in terms of what to focus on. I urge compassion and common sense throughout the book.

      When the book came out, despite the fact that it was my first book and nobody knew me, it received enormous media coverage across the country. I appeared on BNN, Global TV, CityTV and CBC radio to talk about the issues raised in the book.

      The book is currently being updated to reflect the fact that Alberta, for example, has had new adult guardianship laws brought into effect, and I'm re-visiting each and every chapter of the book to see what can be improved or updated.

      Hope you enjoy it.

      Lynne

      Delete

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails