Real Time Web Analytics

Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My trip to Sylvan Lake

Today I spent the day in Sylvan Lake, meeting with about 45 Scotiabankers from Airdrie, Red Deer, Olds, Innisfail and other central Alberta towns. The point of these meetings is to help my colleagues identify customers who need or want help with will planning, enduring powers of attorney or trust services that deal with incapacity. It's also to make sure that they are up to date with our estate planning services.

I was very impressed with how enthusiastic everyone was about learning. It made me feel great to hear so many questions and comments by people who really care about our customers.

In one afternoon session, about 25 of us had a really excellent discussion about seniors coming into the bank with their adult children to arrange banking for the senior. I gave some information and suggestions for ways to deal with this. For the record, I am not in favour of intergenerational joint bank accounts unless the senior gives clear, written instructions about his or her intentions for the money. I think Enduring Powers of Attorney are a better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails